IMDG – transport of dangerous goods by sea
Transport of dangerous goods by sea is based on the IMDG Code - International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code, which recommendations are not implemented directly to the Polish law, however, while making international shipment, all the people involved in transport process must conform with the IMDG Code.
IMDG Code defines conditions, which have to be met in order to minimise the hazard risk. They are, among others:
- rules for classification of dangerous goods, including the UN recommendations;
- selection of proper – compliant with packing instructions – packaging;
- labelling of pieces of shipment, as well as of all the existing transport units (vehicles, containers, wagons, CTU, etc.);
- required documentation;
- training for people conducting transport-related activities.
Offer of THETA Doradztwo Techniczne includes, in scope of the transport of dangerous goods by sea (IMDG), among others:
- classification of dangerous goods;
- specification of conditions and means of transportation of dangerous goods;
- selection of packaging, labelling of shipment pieces, use of warning tags/ stickers;
- development of templates of suitable documents;
- consulting in scope of maritime transport organisation, negotiations with ship owners;
- other actions resulting from IMDG regulations.